Content Contributor Guidelines
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BECOMING A GUEST CONTENT CONTRIBUTOR!
We are excited to have you consider working with us to share your story. We believe everyone has something special to share. In our mission to explore the rare, different and special, you are included! You are rare. You are different. You are special. You are important. You have something to offer others that can help make a positive impact in their life. We believe in you and are grateful you are taking the time to be here with us.
If you have any questions after going through the guidelines, please feel free to reach out to Angelina at email@example.com
Our audience cares about people and this world we call home. They are people who are seeking to do good, whether in their own life or in the lives of others.
- 18 – 25
- 26 – 50
- Followers of Christ
- Brands and Organizations seeking to make a positive social and/or environmental impact (i.e. Benefit Corporate Brands)
- Impact Investors and Sponsors:
- Build a network of shareholders and stakeholders for accountability and transparency to help accelerate the mission and impact.
- Share the love of Christ to inspire hope and action in others.
Who We Are
We are faith forward, action-oriented, impact influencers. We want to connect with others who want to work together to use our gifts to inspire hope and action in others while making a positive impact.
Where We Share
Depending on the topic and format of content will depend on where there is a share. Content is delivered with purpose and intent. The platforms we use for sharing include the following:
- Email Newsletters
- Digital Billboards
- Speaking Engagements
- Downloadable Content
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking Guest Content Contributors who align with our mission to explore the rare, different and special in an effort to share childlike faith and joy with everyone. The content we deliver to our audience must be purposeful and delivered with intent both digitally and physically.
Our Guest Content Contributors have a variety of topics they can choose to write and create content around. Our main navigation pillar topics include:
Guest Content Contributors may create content that is formatted around the following:
- Personal Experiences
- How To’s
- “What” Article
- “Why” Article
- Case Studies
If you’re interested in adding a format, please submit a suggestion in general inquiries on our contact page.
- Minimum 300 words
- Maximum 1000 words
- All content must be original work. Guest Content Contributors are not able to recycle content and submit for publication to our platforms if the content has already been published elsewhere. Duplicate content is not good for anyone. If at any time we suspect content has been published elsewhere and find this to be true, we reserve the right to remove the content from our platforms.
- 1-3 png image files may be submitted. Must include the appropriate attribution and credits with the link. If you are the source, please specify. Photos may not include people without written consent Photo and Video Release Form with an exception of stock photos of people. If you are unable to provide a photo, Variant Adventures reserves the right to choose one to include.
- May include 1-2 outbound links for each 300 words. This does not include links to your website or other digital platforms. Those links will be included in the Author Bio section of the post. All links must naturally fit into the sentence/post and provide value to our audience.
- If including statistics, facts, quotes, or studies, must include a source so our audience knows that this is valid information.
- If including a video, must include source and if it is an original video, you may upload an mp4 or from YouTube. Videos may be up to ten minutes in length. All videos must specify if it is appropriate for children or not. Please specify what you would rate your video for viewership from the following:
- E – Everyone
- Y – Youth
- PG – Parental Guidance
- M – Mature
- R – Any type of explicit content. This content will not be accepted.
- All informational or educational pieces must include at least one supporting fact and source.
- All pieces of content must include a call to action, CTA. Keep in mind this must be purposeful and will have a benefit to our audience.
- Must be ready-to-publish. Variant Adventures may make minor grammar or spelling adjustments, however, any major editing or content that does not fit within the guidelines will not be accepted.
- We respect the courage and vulnerability it takes any Content Contributor to share their work. If at any time a Content Contributor wishes to remain anonymous, we will respect their privacy and not include an Author Bio and will publish the content under Anonymous.
- Author Bios should include the following:
- Headshot/Picture that captures your character (png or jpg file size 150px by 150px) *required
- First and Last Name *required
- Email Address *required
- Website URL
- Social Media URLS
- 3 – 5 sentences about you
- Zero tolerance for content submissions that are intended for harm or expresses opinions or viewpoints that go against Variant Adventure’s Core Values. Any such type of submission will result in an immediate ban of the Guest Content Contributor.
- We have zero tolerance for plagiarism. Plagiarism of any kind will result in a six month pause period of your Guest Content Contributor status. If a second attempt occurs, this will result in permanent ban from any future participation.
- Submission of content does not guarantee publishing. Publication of contributed content is at the sole discretion of Variant Adventures.
How To Get Started
- Read our Guest Content Contributor Guidelines. We have a responsibility to our audience to provide timely, high quality and valuable content. To maintain these standards, we ask our Guest Content Contributors to be in alignment with our Mission, Vision, and Core Values and adhere to our Guest Content Contributor Guidelines.
- If you’re interested in becoming a Guest Content Contributor with us, please fill out our online application to get started. Be prepared to provide the following:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Website URL
- Social Media URLS
- 2 Content Samples – Must demonstrate the topics and quality of the posts you hope to submit. These samples are for our reference only and will not be published.
- Specify if you’re interested in becoming a consistent Guest Content Contributor and how often we could expect submissions.
- Once we review your application, we will reach out to you to let you know if your application has been accepted or denied. A denied application does not mean we do not value your input. It may simply mean that you were meant for a different path on this journey and we encourage you to check out all of the other ways you can participate. If accepted, we will follow up with your next step. To prepare for this step, review the guidelines and lists of topics to create content around. Get an idea of what you want your message to be and what call to action our audience should take.
- Please do not submit multiple applications. This may slow your application process down.
- We may be experiencing a heavy volume of new applications so please be patient as our replies may not be immediate.